Police identified the defendant as 44-year-old Aminadab Gaxiola Gonzalez.
At least four people are dead, such as a 9-year-old boy, in what police are calling a targeted assault in Orange, California.
You will find"multiple victims in the scene," in accordance with the Orange Police Department.
The suspect, identified as Aminadab Gaxiola Gonzalez, 44, by Fullerton, entered the courtyard of this building and began"shooting to the chimney," a law enforcement source told ABC News.
Two officers attempted to enter the courtyard but couldn't get through since the defendant locked it along with also an officer-involved shooting ensued. Upon entrance, officers found the suspect, who had been hurt, and shot him into custody. Authorities didn't say if he had been injured from a self-inflicted shot.
Authorities said in a Thursday press conference the shooting focused round the workplace of Unified Homes, which specializes in the sales of manufactured and mobile houses.
Officials said the shooting seems to be an isolated incident and the defendant understood and had business or personal connections with each one the victims. The child is thought to be the child of a few of those victims, authorities said.
The names of these victims weren't released pending next of kin notification but they had been identified as a man, two girls along with the boy.
Researchers recovered a semi-automatic weapon in the scene along with a back pack with pepper spray, handcuffs and ammunition, which they think belonged to guess, authorities said. Authorities didn't specify whether the gun was registered to the shooter.
The defendant was shot in the hand and head and is now in stable condition in the University of California, Irvine Medical Center, a law enforcement source told ABC News.
There are two continuing investigations, authorities said.
Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer stated the 9-year-old"died in his mother's arms because she had been hoping to rescue him through this dreadful massacre."
Police said the previous shooting of the importance in Orange was in 1997.
"I am profoundly saddened by reports of a mass shooting in Orange County, and I am continuing to help keep victims and their nearest and dearest in my mind as we continue to find out more.
"Horrifying and dreadful. Our hearts are with all the families affected by this horrible disaster tonight," California Gov. Gavin Newsom tweeted Wednesday night.