cavities are, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), the disorder is more prevalent among the oral diseases. It is perforations that occur in the structure of the teeth as a result of the action of the bacterial plaque accumulated, caused by poor oral hygiene and a diet rich in sugars and starches. This type of food, especially if taken between meals, provided that the cariogenic bacteria are activated to break it down and produce acids that attack the teeth.
prevention is the key to keeping a healthy teeth . Avoid the sweets, the bakery products or sugary drinks, as well as brushing teeth after every meal and using dental floss will help to reduce the chances of suffering this type of problems.
in Addition, there are foods that help fight the risk of tooth decay and other complications or ailments of the mouth arising from poor dental hygiene. The experts of Sanitas Dental have developed a list of foods that should be included in the diet daily to minimize the risk of allergies.
- Yoghurt and dairy : The calcium , present in foods such as dairy products, it is an essential component to prevent the appearance of caries. Products such as milk or yoghurt are an important source of this mineral that will help to get a teeth strong and healthy. The cheese, for its part, has the ability to neutralize the formation of acids that deteriorate the enamel. The whole milk also contain vitamin D, which facilitate the utilisation of calcium.
- Carrots : Eating raw carrots helps to strengthen the teeth and gums, as they, the chew, we prevent the bacteria from adhering to the teeth, in addition to improve blood supply. This vegetable also activates the salivary glands, key to eliminate bacteria from the oral cavity, and it contains fluoride , a mineral crucial to maintaining the enamel and preventing tooth decay.
- Celery : it Also promotes the production of saliva thanks to the malic acid , which helps to clean the teeth and prevents the appearance of stains on the teeth.
- blue Fish : The accumulation of bacteria, present in the food remains, it is the main cause of periodontal problems such as gingivitis. The vitamin D facilitates the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, making the gums and teeth are much more resistant to this type of infections. This vitamin is present, for example, in oily fish like tuna, sardines or salmon.
- Eggs and vegetables : In the same way that the calcium, phosphorus is another essential element for the proper maintenance of the structure of the teeth. Eggs are a food with a high content of this mineral present in bones and teeth, which can also be found in legumes such as chickpeas or lentils.
- Apple : Biting into an apple, a fruit rich in fiber , contributes to the cleaning mouth, eliminating bacteria that contribute to the development of caries and gingivitis, such as chewing, occurs in the denture, an effect that can be likened to that of the brushed, and favors the removal of plaque.
- Kiwi : Other fruits, especially those containing vitamin C, such as kiwi fruit, can help the production of collagen , the major component of gums and essential to maintain good oral health.Updated Date: 13 September 2019, 18:00