The French President Emmanuel Macron and the "Premier" British Boris Johnson have exchanged reproaches and accusations for the tragedy at LOST LUPED 27 immigrants after sinking the boat in which they intended to cross the Canal de la Mancha.
Tensions between London and Paris were evidence after the telephone conversation held by the two leaders on Wednesday night, hours after the greatest loss of human lives during the risky journey that this year has completed 27,500 immigrants, triple that 2020 .
"We have a shared responsibility," Macron stressed. A spokesman of Elysee said that the French president asked Johnson "full cooperation" and warned him that he does not use the tragedy "for political purposes".
Boris Johnson stressed on his part that Thursday's accident, with the sinking of an inflatable boat in which 34 immigrants traveled, has shown that France "does not do enough" and has claimed the start-up of an operation with joint patrols in French coasts. The "Premier" will surely participate in an extraordinary full on Thursday about the channel crisis.
"We have had difficulty persuading our partners, particularly the French, so that they do things in a different way as it deserves the situation," Johnson said. "I understand the difficulties we face all countries, but what we need is now to act together, and that is the offer we have made."
The Patel itself was accused several weeks ago of "blackmail" by senior members of the French Government, who also criticized their intention to send the boats loaded with immigrants to France as facing human rights and international laws.
Macron convened an emergency cabinet on Thursday and has placed on the other hand, helping the European Union, with a reinforcement of the border agency, Frontex. "We will not allow the channel of the stain to become a cemetery," said French president.
Mayor of Calais, Natacha Bouchart, joined the dialectical exchange and asked Johnson directly to "assume his responsibilities". "The British government is at fault," Bouchart said. "During the last year and a half, they have decided to cinically accuse France."
In Calais, it follows while the arduous process to identify the rescued bodies. The French police reported that most of the victims are Iranian and Iraqis Kurds. Of the total bodies recovered, seventeen are men, seven women (one of them pregnant) and three teenagers (two children and a girl).
Two survivors remain in intensive surveillance in the hospital and at least four people, linked to human trafficking mafias, were arrested in a police operation within a few hours. According to a recent report from the Department of Interior, up to 70% of immigrants who cross the canal could aspire to the condition of "refugees", with a high presence of Iranians of Kurdish origin.Updated Date: 25 November 2021, 09:19