The landfill in Flörsheim-Wicker is closed in a few years. A "landfill on a landfill", a Deposit of slag on the house of garbage from the past few decades, it will not give. The district of Main-Taunus district has decided on Monday evening unanimously. The concept for further use, is discarded so, for the test of this idea is no more money should be spent. According to the concept of slag and excavated earth should have another 20 years up to 20 meters high at the landfill to be deposited.
a Freelance writer based in the Rhein-Main-Zeitung.F. A. Z.
applications had the SPD and the coalition of CDU, Greens and FDP submitted. According to the decision, the circular tip must inform the groups about the cost of the now rejected plan. Also, the administration needs to explain how expensive the aftercare of the landfill in the coming decades, and how this expenditure is applied to. Thus, the technical control of the waste is to be meant mountains, which are continually tested for pollutants. For example, the leachate is collected and clarified.
the speakers of the coalition and the Opposition, said residents in Hochheim and Flörsheim could not be expected from further use of the landfill. Frank Blasch (CDU) has highlighted, the acceptance of the expansion plans of the population needs to take account of equal economic issues. The refusal of a landfill site at the landfill was "perfectly understandable". The residents should have been over decades the stress caused by the landfill, the smell and the traffic, endure.
Renate Mohr (The Green) said, the fear of the Flörsheimer and Hochheimer, before a further operation is understandable. Dirk Westedt (FDP) saw "no convincing arguments for a landfill site at the landfill".
To great imposition for the residents
Michael ante brink (SPD), the residents in the vicinity of the mountains of garbage had already been in the past, too much expected. As a year ago the concept for the extension was known to have had the SPD, therefore, your doubts about the idea. From the beginning, was foreseeable, "that such a project is not to enforce". A proof, that the deposition of slag would have been worth it for another 20 years, had not been provided. Therefore, it is incomprehensible why the plans reviewed had been.
According to the words of Michael ante brink, the operator company of the plant, the Rhein-Main-Deponie-Gesellschaft (RMD) has a million amount spent. Beate Ullrich Graf (Left) said, with the garbage dump there even without the extension in enough trouble. Down to the groundwater, and the landfill sealing. With a special permit industry had been adopted in the past decades, in addition to household waste, waste.Updated Date: 17 June 2020, 14:20