Implement a concerted portfolio of professional services from the pharmacy offices, more integrate the pharmacist into public health strategies and create new specialties in areas of action of the pharmacist to deal with needs evidenced by the COVID-19 pandemic. There are three of the 10 proposed proposals on Wednesday by Jesús Aguilar, president of the General Council of official colleges of pharmacists, at the Congress of Members during an act held on the occasion of World Pharmacist Day, which is celebrated next Sunday, 25 of September.
In an act chaired by the president of the Congress, Meritxell Batet, Aguilar has revealed how much the pharmaceutical profession has contributed to society during the pandemic and has come back to the hand so that this contribution continues to grow: "Today, President, no We come to ask for anything, we come to offer work and all the whole pharmaceutical profession [...] we have demonstrated with facts that both the pharmaceutical profession and the Spanish pharmacy model are an essential part of our national health system and now it is The time to take advantage of these lessons and implement reforms that strengthen and expand the care and preventive capabilities of the health system. "
This is based on the 10 proposals collected in a document that Aguilar has delivered Batet and that they seek to enhance the healthcare role of the pharmacist and consolidate the sanitary role demonstrated during the pandemic. These proposals that make up the pharmacy roadmap are the following:
1. Creation of a Concerted Portfolio of Professional Services from the Community Pharmacy.
2. Integration of the pharmacist in public health strategies.
3. Development of comprehensive socio -anitarian care in the rural field.
4. Strengthen the collaborative dispensation of outpatient medications between the hospital and community pharmacy.
5. Improve the interoperability of the e-recipe, create a unique pharmacotherapeutic history and advance the electronic recipe systems of the mutualities.
6. Study tax incentives for rural pharmacies and ensure economic sustainability of the entire network of pharmacy offices.
7. Include the pharmacy in the Policies of the 2030 Agenda.
8. Enhance the drug preparation units of hospital pharmacy services.
9. Creation of new specialties in certain areas of pharmacist action.
10. Preparation of a national plan for the safety of the patient on the Internet.
During his speech, Aguilar has expressed that he must act without delay and begin to implement these measures as soon as possible: "We are at a decisive moment, is today and now when we have to do it. The words were over and you have to act to continue being A world reference, with a health system that is an example of solidarity and health care. It is now the opportunity and in it pharmacists we only ask for one thing: participate more; that all our abilities take advantage. "
Next to this, he has added: "Ladies and gentlemen, have a great health allies, you have a great profession with the leadership of the collegiate pharmaceutical organization that will always be next to the interests of citizens, and defend their health and their wellness".
For its part, BATT has wanted to express its gratitude to pharmacists and put into value the distinction of which they enjoy in the field of health: "The pharmaceutical profession in Spain enjoys a deserved citizen prestige based on years and generations of attention, Always with the maximum basic formation, permanently updated, and with an extraordinary professionalism, reaching where the health system had difficulty and always winning the trust of citizens. "
In addition, he has defended that "having a headbeker pharmacist is one of the best things that can happen to you" and gratefully thanked these professionals with their work in the fight against SARS-COV-2. "Thank you very much for always being close, thank you very much for the commitment to Spanish society and many thanks for being a benchmark, especially at such difficult times as those that we continue to live with the passage of this terrible world pandemic," the president has concluded of the Congress of the deputies.Date Of Update: 23 September 2021, 05:34