From the same election night, Peter Sanchez always invaded the temptation of forming an endowment with a majority more likely. Your achievement of 123 seats was inadequate and its reliance on a coalition Government, with Can embedded in the power and with a supradependencia of separatism, would turn the legislature into a torture. That night, Sanchez also blinded to any way of collaboration with Citizens to ensure an absolute majority.
Sanchez outlined a strategy directed to govern alone , in the belief that the autonomous reafirmarían a triumph unquestionable of the PSOE, and We would have to surrender to a role of subaltern grateful. It was not so. The rest was easy: laying a thousand traps to Paul's Churches in order to humiliate him, to simulate that not attached to Can decorative functions in a coalition, and do not appear as the culprit of the failure.
Sanchez designed a political architecture intended to remain as a victim of a multiparty system, and to appropriate the false idea that always was the intransigence of We and Citizens responsible for not governing. Everything was thought of to justify a "no" emphatically to each offer and be immaculate.
These are the reasons that always drove new elections:
1. A Government unworkable. Sanchez knew ahead of time that a Government based on 123 seats is a utopia. Would have led to a legislature weak, uncertain and with serious difficulties to pass laws. Would have been subjected to a blackmail constant, to numerous frictions with its partners in motion and wear is gradual but inexorable. In addition, it is unpredictable drift of separatism in Catalonia, and Sanchez harbored doubts about how to manage the pressures to which the independence would be subjected after the judgment of the 1-O.
2. Surveys satisfactory. it Has the overwhelming advantage of having the control of The Moncloa, with its "image presidential", and with the internal split in May. Your trick of going to the polls passed by to repeat the "operation Rajoy" of 2016, with polls favorable and the expectation of exceeding the 140 seats.
3. There will be No third election. Sanchez is aware that Spain will not go to a third election. There would be No margin, and with Citizens, or we Can to the poor, one would have to surrender. Even, it handles the option of a "failure technique" PP once the two-party system has been reinforced. But what is certain is that Sanchez never responded really to the offer of the PP to subscribe to eleven covenants of State in order to govern. It trusts all to a rout, of Can and Cs.
4. The PSOE wants to fulminate, to we Can. The essential aim of smith is to consolidate its leadership in the left, and to demonstrate that Churches lacks the institutional capacity to govern. Expect a mass of votes we Can and take advantage of that, "Spain Sum" seems an impossible dream.
5. The assumption of risks, in the DNA of Sanchez. Your fear of the demobilization of the left is very relative. Not afraid to appear as the culprit of the economic slowdown, which achacará to the instability caused because no one allows you to govern. And to the left will be an argument powerful: it was Churches who rejected a coalition in July.Manuel MarínAdjunto the Director Updated Date: 18 September 2019, 16:01