The Norwegian police doubt about the conversion to Islam of the author of the arc attack in Kongsberg

The Norwegian police today expressed their doubts that the author of the arc attack and arrows in which five people died on Wednesday in Kongsberg (Southwest),

The Norwegian police doubt about the conversion to Islam of the author of the arc attack in Kongsberg

The Norwegian police today expressed their doubts that the author of the arc attack and arrows in which five people died on Wednesday in Kongsberg (Southwest), now in custody of health services, is actually a convert Muslim.

"He himself has said that he became Islam, it is a hypothesis, but it is also not became. For the moment, the investigation points to that, if perhaps, he did not do it seriously," he said at a press conference The inspector per thomas omholt.

OMHOLT highlighted that Endersen Bråthen, 37, and who was under the radar of intelligence services (PST), "did not observe the common traditions of that culture and religion," so the theory of conversion to Islam has been "Weakened".

The Norwegian police had pointed out yesterday as a more likely reason of the attack of the mental illness of the aggressor, although the PST said initially that everything indicated that it was a terrorist attack.

Bråthen, against whom a court gave yesterday preventive prison for four weeks, has been admitted to a psychiatric center and has not been interrogated since then for his mental state.

The authorities were warned on Wednesday afternoon that a man shot arrows in the center of Kongsberg. Five minutes later two agents found him, but he fled after shooting them.

In the next half hour until his arrest killed four women and a man, whose identity has been disseminated today, and wounded three more people, already given high.

The police are sure that he acted alone and who chose the victims at random as he walked the center, using the arch (and other two most unspecified weapons) in public places and houses.

The chief of counterterrorism of PST, Arne Christian Haugstøyl, admitted yesterday that was notified for the first time of the Hazard of Radicalization of Bråthen in 2015 and that in 2018, by a video of his on the Internet in which he threw vague threats and said to be a Muslim, the Police contacted him.

"We do not consider Radical Islamist, but we saw that I had serious psychic problems, we inform the health services at the beginning of January of that year," Hugstøyl told NRK public television.

The Norwegian authorities have announced an investigation of what follow-up BRÅTHEN was subjected by health services, while the General Directorate of Police will evaluate the action in the attack and exchange of information between police and PST.

Updated Date: 16 October 2021, 13:46

You need to login to comment.

Please register or login.

RELATED NEWS