The pandemic triples the job offers with teleworking

The distance work, a modality that has already been incubating since 2019, has registered a growth of 214% between May 2020 and April 2021. This has revealed it

The pandemic triples the job offers with teleworking

The distance work, a modality that has already been incubating since 2019, has registered a growth of 214% between May 2020 and April 2021. This has revealed it by the Remote Work In Western Europe performed by Adecco, in the That the 'Online' job offers were analyzed that were published during this period in six Western European countries: Germany, Netherlands, France, United Kingdom, Spain and Italy. In addition, the report notes that about 36% of the jobs could be carried out completely remotely, while for the remaining 64% of the jobs, a hybrid format could be established.

The report concludes that all six countries analyzed reflect that the number of job offers that included teleworking shot 126% between May 2020 and April 2021 with respect to the previous year. The greatest growth correspond to France (+ 463%), Spain (+ 214%) and Italy (+ 175%). In the case of our country, the report details that growth has been more pronounced in the provinces of the center and west of Spain, but with declines in Soria. However, Adecco has pointed out that the demand for remote workers began to go down from November, when the country decreed partial restrictions.

"The pandemic only accelerated a change that was already underway," says the report. Specifically, at the end of 2019 3.3% of employment ads included teleworking, compared to 2.8% in January announcements of the same year. In total, in May of this year, 12% of Western European job offers referred to distance work, more than double that in May 2020 and almost four times more than in May 2019, before the pandemic.

The work in remote has skyrocketed in a wide range of sectors, however its ascent is remarkable in administration and 'call centers', with an increase of 306% over the previous year. On the other hand, also highlight offers in public services (+ 154%), finance and insurance (+ 128%) and communication (+ 127%). According to the report, the profiles with the most significant rebound of teleworking advertisements are those of Administrative Commercial Assistant (+ 237%), Contable (+ 301%), Teleoperator (+ 302%), DevOPS Engineer (+ 166%) and Real estate agent (+ 150%).

On the other hand, distance work responds to companies of all sizes. So much so, that in May 2021, more than 40% of job offers offered this possibility, came from companies with less than 50 workers. However, the Adecco study emphasizes that highly qualified people are more likely to obtain work contracts of this type.

In 2019, the number of people who teleworked, at least occasionally, reached a historic maximum in our country with more than 1.5 million, that is, 7.9% of people with work that was then in Spain. However, the decree of the state of alarm as a result of the pandemic duplicated this figure, which rose to 3.5 million people (16.2%). "In the second quarter of 2021, 9.4% of the employees (1,849,600) worked from their own home more than half of the days," Adecco said in a statement.

Updated Date: 10 August 2021, 07:34

You need to login to comment.

Please register or login.

RELATED NEWS