After explosion: further fight against fire in Grunewald - Autobahn before opening

The fire brigade continues to fight the fire in Grunewald in Berlin.

After explosion: further fight against fire in Grunewald - Autobahn before opening

The fire brigade continues to fight the fire in Grunewald in Berlin. It is still burning and there are still several embers in the area, a police spokesman said on Monday morning. As soon as it gets light, the extinguishing work should be continued.

The fire brigade wants to decide today whether the nearby A 115 city motorway, which was closed due to the fire, can be released again this Monday. The route called Avus has been closed since Thursday, the day the fire broke out.

According to the fire brigade, the operation, which will probably last for days, still poses great dangers. The aim is to reduce the danger zone. The emergency services should get closer to the blast site where the fire broke out - and which is currently being extinguished there. However, the floor is very hot.

Tons of old grenades, ammunition and confiscated fireworks are stored in buildings at the site, which has been the site of fires and explosions since Thursday. The detonation site for the destruction of weapons and explosives has existed since 1950. The police are responsible there.

The situation is assessed as dynamic

There is still a safety area of ​​500 meters around the blasting site for the firefighters. A demolition expert was there in an armored vehicle on Sunday. He was able to salvage important technical material.

The fire brigade can now use two firefighting robots and a firefighting tank to cool defined hotspots on the site. Overall, the situation is assessed as very dynamic.

The cooling measures with water at the blasting site are suspended at night because the robots and tanks used do not have enough light and visibility. At night, however, an on-call service is on the road, which regularly patrols, said a spokesman for the fire brigade. The work with robots and tanks should continue in the morning, then the situation will be reassessed.

Train route is released again

After the three-day route closure, rail traffic is now back to normal. The fire brigade released the train route again on Saturday in consultation with the police. S-Bahn, regional trains, IC and ICE were affected.

The general safety zone of 1,000 meters around the site that has existed since the fire broke out on Thursday also remains in place. So far, the only exception is the railway line that runs along the outer edge of the exclusion zone.

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS