Baden-Württemberg: Investigations into corona deaths in nursing home expanded

Rastatt/Baden-Baden (dpa/lsw) - The Baden-Baden public prosecutor's office has expanded the investigation after a corona outbreak in a Rastatt nursing home.

Baden-Württemberg: Investigations into corona deaths in nursing home expanded

Rastatt/Baden-Baden (dpa/lsw) - The Baden-Baden public prosecutor's office has expanded the investigation after a corona outbreak in a Rastatt nursing home. With the 20 residents who died from or in connection with the corona virus between mid-December 2021 and mid-February 2022, there is an initial suspicion that the pathogen was also able to spread due to insufficiently maintained hygiene standards.

19 other residents had died before that. Here, too, it is checked "whether inadequate precautions against the spread of the Covid 19 virus or other violations of hygiene and care standards caused or contributed to the death," said the public prosecutor on Friday. The operator had previously denied a causal connection between the defects complained about and the spread of the corona virus in the house.

The investigators are targeting several employees with managerial functions. According to the information, they have also been under initial suspicion of intentional or negligent bodily harm and deprivation of liberty since March. "Insufficient wound care, inadequate treatment of diseases, incorrect supply of medication and measures involving deprivation of liberty without judicial approval are in the room here," it said. According to a spokesman, it is about allegations that residents of the home have been fixed to the bed.

The investigations are said to be difficult. "It will take some time," said Axel Isak, head of the agency.

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS