Bavaria: Christmas tree catches fire: Two people injured

Munich (dpa / lby) - A couple from Munich was injured after their Christmas tree caught fire.

Bavaria: Christmas tree catches fire: Two people injured

Munich (dpa / lby) - A couple from Munich was injured after their Christmas tree caught fire. As the police and fire department announced on Thursday, the fire broke out on Wednesday evening when a 62-year-old man lit wax candles on the tree in an apartment building. The man suffered severe burns trying to put out the flames. He was taken to a hospital. His 61-year-old wife suffered minor injuries from the smoke and was treated at the scene. The living room where the tree stood was reportedly uninhabitable after the fire.