Wörth am Main/Aschaffenburg (dpa/lby) - Six months after the fatal fall of a man from a Main bridge in Lower Franconia, the Aschaffenburg public prosecutor's office has brought charges. Suspicious is a 34-year-old at the time of the crime, who is said to have encouraged his acquaintance on February 17 to jump into the river between Wörth and Erlenbach (Miltenberg district). The accused has not yet commented on the allegations, the authority said on Wednesday. The "Main-Echo" had previously reported on the case. The district court must now decide whether to admit the indictment.
The public prosecutor accuses the accused of dangerous bodily harm, extortion and murder as indirect perpetrators. This means that a perpetrator uses someone else as a "tool" for committing the crime, i.e. does not carry out the action himself.
The accused was arrested about a week after the jump in Rhineland-Palatinate. He was initially placed in a district hospital because of mental health problems, but is now being held in custody in a prison. "The public prosecutor's office is currently assuming neither reduced criminal responsibility nor insolvency of the accused," it said.
The body was found a good three weeks after jumping off the railway bridge at the lock of the Kleinwallstadt power plant on the Bavarian-Hessian border.