Bavaria: Over 52,000 immigrants 2021: Many refugees

Fürth (dpa/lby) - Bavaria's population grew by more than 52,000 immigrants last year.

Bavaria: Over 52,000 immigrants 2021: Many refugees

Fürth (dpa/lby) - Bavaria's population grew by more than 52,000 immigrants last year. One of the reasons for this was the renewed increase in the number of refugees from Syria and Afghanistan. The influx from other federal states, on the other hand, has come to an almost complete standstill, according to a report by the State Statistical Office in Fürth on Wednesday.

According to this, the Bavarian authorities counted 52,776 net arrivals last year, of which only 410 came from the rest of Germany. Of the remaining 52,362, 42 percent came from Europe, the rest from more distant regions of the world. Among them were 6,272 Syrians and 5,107 Afghans.

The effects of the Ukraine war are making themselves felt this year: In March 2022, a total of 75,500 Ukrainians came to Bavaria, around 70 percent of them women. According to the state office, many children and young people were among the remaining 30 percent.

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS