Schwandorf (dpa / lby) - The blasting of more than a dozen mailboxes in the Schwandorf district is about to be clarified. Three teenagers were identified as suspects, the police said on Wednesday. Two of the young men aged 17 and 18 are therefore confessed. They are charged with 20 criminal offenses.
According to the information, since November last year, mailboxes of private individuals as well as postal boxes have been repeatedly blown up with firecrackers in the Schwandorf district. The deeds should all go to the account of the three young people - that was the result of the evaluation of traces. The men are said to have used non-approved firecrackers that had been seized during house searches on May 11. Because of their high explosive power, the firecrackers would have caused considerable destruction at the crime scenes.
According to the police, the trio from the eastern district of Schwandorf are also responsible for breaking into forest huts and blowing up a cigarette vending machine. All three now have to answer for damage to property, causing explosives explosions, violations of the explosives law and burglary, it said.