Augsburg (dpa / lby) - After a fire in an Augsburg apartment, the resident died in the hospital. The police announced on Thursday. The fire broke out on Tuesday afternoon in the ground floor apartment of an apartment building in the Haunstetten district. The 75-year-old resident was reportedly found lifeless in the apartment and resuscitated on site. She first came to the university hospital and was then transferred to a special hospital in Murnau, where she died a day later. Other residents of the house were not injured. According to initial findings, a burning cigarette caused the fire, said police spokesman Siegfried Hartmann of the "Augsburger Allgemeine".