Frankfurt/Main (dpa/lhe) - Insolvency proceedings were opened on Friday at Höchster Porzellan-Manufaktur, which had gotten into trouble. This was shared by insolvency administrator Frank Schmitt from the Schultze law firm
"We're doing everything we can to preserve the factory and the jobs at the site and we're not giving up," said Schmitt. The economic situation of the porcelain manufactory continues to be critical. Despite the great time pressure, there are opportunities for a continuation solution or restructuring - be it through a new concept or sale to an investor. Everyone involved showed a great deal of interest in preserving the company, explained Schmitt. In particular, the talks with the state of Hesse were "very constructive," it said.
The Höchst Porcelain Manufactory, founded in 1746, is the second oldest in Germany after the State Porcelain Manufactory in Meissen near Dresden. Höchster Manufaktur had already had to file for bankruptcy in 2018, but was rescued by an Asian investor. At the time, he was planning to redefine the brand and win new customers, particularly in Asia. "There are increasing signs that the implementation of this concept has started but has not been completed in the end," continued Schmitt.