Dabel/Dessau (dpa/mv) - An angler from Saxony-Anhalt was seriously injured by electric shock in Dabel (Ludwigslust-Parchim). As a police spokesman said on Monday, the 48-year-old came into contact with an overhead line at a fishing pond with his rod on Sunday evening. He handled the carbon fishing rod from land. The touch caused electricity to flow down the line and the man was electrocuted and burned his arms and legs, police said.
The person affected from the Dessau region was out and about with his son at the fishing pond. Other anglers who were there called the emergency services. The man was taken to a Lübeck brand special clinic. According to the information, he had a seven-meter-long fishing rod with which he had hit the power line. This led visibly across the private fishing pond.