Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania: tea light ovens: fire brigades warn against heating improvisation

Switch on common sense - that's the tip from the fire brigades in MV for heating this winter.

Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania: tea light ovens: fire brigades warn against heating improvisation

Switch on common sense - that's the tip from the fire brigades in MV for heating this winter. Some trends harbor dangers in the face of supposed energy shortages.

Schwerin/Rostock (dpa/mv) - The fire brigades in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania warn citizens against thoughtless improvisation when heating. "The fire brigades generally advise against tealight stoves, these are not suitable for heating living spaces," said Eckardt Meyer, Vice President of the State Fire Brigade Association.

Various handicraft instructions for building such constructions are circulating on the Internet. Stefan Kieckhöfer, spokesman for the Rostock professional fire brigade, said it was "creepy what you can see there now". Candles should not be left unattended anyway. Such ovens would also get hot and could not be touched. According to him, Christmas traditions also harbor certain risks. For example, he advised against real candles on Christmas trees. Müller said: "There are always accidents with candles that are left unattended."

Fireplaces and stoves should only be fueled with dry wood. "When using old fireplaces, the responsible master chimney sweep should always be involved, which has often happened," said Müller, referring to the MV chimney sweep guild. Kieckhöfer also emphasized that before operating wood or coal stoves that have not been used for a long time, it must be ensured that no combustion gases are released into the room.

He also warned that electric heaters should be used correctly - for example for radiators or fans - after warnings of a gas shortage, the sales figures had risen suddenly. There are rules of conduct for these devices: "For example, that you don't cover them, that you don't operate them unsupervised." You should also stay away from flammable materials such as sofa, closet and door.

Kieckhöfer does not currently see any increased use due to the energy crisis. According to Müller, the danger could increase if the situation worsens and people improvise more. Kieckhöfer's tip is also for such cases: "Use common sense, don't overreact, think and maybe if in doubt call the fire brigade or the chimney sweep and ask."

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS