Warendorf (dpa / lnw) - The extradition of the alleged murderer and rapist of a 21-year-old woman from Warendorf in Münsterland has been approved by the Spanish authorities. There is a relatively tight deadline, the 30-year-old must be transferred to Germany by next Friday at the latest, said the Münster senior public prosecutor Martin Botzenhard on Friday. The "Westfälische Nachrichten" had previously reported on it.
The police headquarters in Münster is responsible for the transfer. How it will be implemented in concrete terms is currently being planned, said Botzenhard. The Spanish authorities had been asked to give the German officials the evidence they had seized.
The suspect from Ennigerloh is said to have intercepted the later victim at the front door at around 5:30 a.m. on November 9 and pushed him back into the apartment with a knife. There he is said to have raped the woman and then killed her. He is said to have fled with the woman's cell phone and wallet and withdrawn money from the 21-year-old's account with the EC card.
According to the public prosecutor's office, the suspect is an acquaintance of the woman. Both are said to have been work colleagues at one time.