Bielefeld (dpa / lnw) - After the fatal shots at a 31-year-old in Bielefeld in December last year, the trial against the alleged shooter begins on Thursday. The accused, who was 28 at the time of the crime, is said to have arranged to meet the later victim on a parking deck and, after a short conversation, shot him four times, according to the public prosecutor. The 31-year-old was seriously injured and later died in hospital. The prosecution charges the alleged perpetrator with manslaughter.
It is not yet clear what was going on between the two men. The accused had given himself up in the face of a public search with a photo, but then remained silent during the interrogations. He is also accused of shooting several of the 31-year-old's companions who wanted to rush to the victim's aid. He is said to have had no permission for the murder weapon, a semi-automatic pistol.