International arrest warrant, reward and calls for witnesses: After the violent death of a homeless person in Mönchengladbach, the investigators set many levers in motion. Now the trial against two men begins. You're charged with murder.
Mönchengladbach (dpa / lnw) - The homeless man was found seriously injured in Mönchengladbach almost a year ago, shortly afterwards he died in the hospital. A murder trial against two 37- and 38-year-old men begins today (1 p.m.) before the district court. They are said to have pulled the victim out of his VW bus on the night of September 23, 2021, kicked him and beat him. The two men from Poland are said to have committed the crime together, taking advantage of the suspicion and defenselessness of the 38-year-old.
A witness told investigators that the victim owed money to the men, who were said to have been part of the homeless scene at the time of the crime. The police had also been looking for them with an international arrest warrant. One had been arrested in Rotterdam, the other in Poland. Neither have commented so far. Three more days of negotiations are planned until September.