About four years ago, the Düsseldorf vehicle registration office was broken into. Thousands of blank vehicle documents were stolen. The trial of a man believed to be involved in the case begins this Thursday.
Düsseldorf (dpa / lnw) - Almost four years ago, thousands of blank vehicle documents were stolen in a burglary in the Düsseldorf motor vehicle registration office. A man from Ratingen is said to have been involved. The 64-year-old has to answer to the Düsseldorf Regional Court from this Thursday.
In the current trial, the 64-year-old accused of receiving stolen goods, forgery and bribery. In April 2019, he is said to have sent a package with almost 20 stolen blank vehicle documents and several official adhesive seals to Italy. In addition, between April and December 2019, he and his accomplices are said to have obtained export plates for stolen cars from the road traffic department using forged documents.
Two years later, according to the indictment, the accused bribed a TÜV employee. In four cases he is said to have paid the man between 30 and 70 euros to issue export documents for cars that had already been deregistered on the basis of forged documents. The 64-year-old has not yet commented on the allegations.