Adorf/Erzgeb. (dpa / sn) - An explosion of a battery for electric vehicles caused a fire on a company premises in Adorf in the Erzgebirge
district. As a police spokesman said early Monday morning, an area about the size of a container for battery tests on the company premises caught fire on Sunday afternoon. Within this range, the battery heated up, the spokesman said. How it could finally come to an explosion was still unclear. The extent of the damage was also not known until now. Nobody was injured in the incident.