Chemnitz (dpa/sn) - After the death of an asylum seeker in Chemnitz, there are increasing calls for a comprehensive clarification of the exact circumstances. According to a report by the "Freie Presse", more than 200 people in the city center thought of the 31-year-old on Friday evening. They held pictures of the deceased in their hands - on posters it said "Justice for Bilal" (Justice for Bilal) and "Your silence kills".
The man from Lebanon died on the night of May 19 in a Chemnitz asylum seeker accommodation. Before that, he is said to have gotten into an argument at the Chemnitz Castle pond and someone hit him on the head with a bottle. According to the police, there were no obvious injuries that would have indicated a crime. The autopsy revealed that the man choked on vomit. The investigation was ongoing, a police spokesman said on Sunday. Forensic medicine was commissioned to carry out further investigations. It is not yet possible to say when the results will be available.
The daily police reports have so far not provided any information about the death investigation. The reason given by the police is that no criminal offense has been assumed so far. Victim counselors and relatives are now demanding faster clarification of the circumstances in the accommodation. The deceased is said to have asked security personnel for a doctor, which he apparently was denied. "The police must determine the cause and circumstances of death comprehensively," the Regional Office for Education, Integration and Democracy (RAA) Saxony recently warned via Twitter.