Chemnitz (dpa / sn) - A 30-year-old man died in a fire in a student residence in Chemnitz. Witnesses saw smoke coming from the sixth-floor apartment on Wednesday morning and called the police, a police spokesman said. Emergency services tried to revive the lifeless man, but he died on the spot.
The fire was quickly extinguished, it said. The caretaker of the dormitory was taken to the hospital with suspected smoke inhalation. Other people were not injured. The spokesman said it was not yet clear why there was a fire in the apartment. The criminal police have started the investigation, fire investigators were on site in the morning.