American employees of the Video-App Tiktok fight back against President Donald trump's recent steps against the popular App. You wanted to file a lawsuit against trump's Executive order of last week, informed the lawyer of the employees, the Internet activist Mike Godwin,. This will separate from the already existing claim of the company behind Tiktok, the Chinese Internet group byte dance, run.
Trump had banned Wechat, last week, by vaguely worded Executive order business with byte dance and the messenger service. You're a danger to the national security, foreign policy and the economy, he argued.
And pay at risk
The Tiktok arrangement is to take effect in September. The consequences for the 100 million American users of the App are unclear. Most of them are teenagers or young adults that publish short Videos and others to watch. It is also unclear whether the order would prohibit Tiktok, to pay its 1500 employees in the United States.
"The staff have correctly recognized that their Jobs and their pay are currently in danger," said Godwin. In court, she wanted to argue, as the parent company byte dance that Trumps the Executive order was unconstitutional.
A spokesperson of Tiktok said, in the Initiative of the employees had not mixed with the company and no agreements made. But it respect the right of employees, a court of competent jurisdiction to seek procedure. It is not announced on Thursday, whether it targeting your own lawsuit.
Meanwhile, trump's spokeswoman, Kayleigh McEnany defended the statements against Tiktok and Wechat. The American government wanted to protect citizens against all Cyber threats "and these Apps collect a large amount of private data of users". The Chinese government could access it, and use the data.Updated Date: 14 August 2020, 22:19