Nicholas Sandman: the students agree with the Washington Post more than 250-million-Dollar lawsuit

The student, Nicholas Sandman, and the "Washington Post" have a lawsuit on 250 million dollars in damages being settled out of court. The Sandman and the news

Nicholas Sandman: the students agree with the Washington Post more than 250-million-Dollar lawsuit

The student, Nicholas Sandman, and the "Washington Post" have a lawsuit on 250 million dollars in damages being settled out of court. The Sandman and the newspaper announced on Friday. To not have expressed the Details and the amount of the alleged sum he has paid the lawyers for the family of the sandy man, and the“Washington Post“.

Michael Hanfeld

responsible editor for the features section Online and "media".

F. A. Z.

Sandmann was taken against seven articles in the "Washington Post" and numerous other media, including the CNN,. The publications were meeting sandy Claus and his classmates from Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky on the 28th. January 2019 with the older Americans of indigenous descent, Nathan Phillips in front of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington. Sandman was at the "March for Life", Philip had participated in the "Indigenous Peoples March".

on the basis of the obscure Twitter account "@2020fight", the locked, the short message service, a little later, was gone a short video viral that suggested the student had a behavior of the Elderly compared to a racist. The first article in the "Washington Post" were worn by this assumption. It is the usual network indignation the avalanche developed. A longer Video then showed, however, that the students had been provoked by a religious group calling themselves the "Black Israelites",. Nathan Phillips appeared with his hand drum on the scene to calm the Situation.

"We are glad to have found an amicable solution," said the Washington Post spokeswoman Kristine Coratti Kelly American according to media reports. Nicholas Sandman was a solution ready, said his attorney, Todd McMurtry, because the "Washington Post" in its subsequent reporting and commentary have hastened to publish the "whole truth."

Sandman, who has just celebrated his eighteenth birthday, was delighted with the agreement. The case was done, but there is still to do further, he wrote on Twitter and thanked his family and his lawyer. He had reached agreement with the "Washington Post" and CNN, wrote Sandman, but there are still six open accounts: "The fight isn't over, 2 down. 6 to go.“

sandy's parents, Julie and Ted, the for your son process, had been accused of the "Washington Post", you have to respect journalistic basic rules and your son to aim to meet the American President Donald Trump by attacking its perceived supporters. Nicholas Sandman had worn a red cap with the inscription "MAGA", the abbreviation of the Trump spell, "Make America Great Again". The "Washington Post" justified their reporting, with the note that she was first, followed by the explanation of Nathan Phillips.

Updated Date: 24 July 2020, 18:20

You need to login to comment.

Please register or login.

RELATED NEWS