Confession at the start of the trial: Leipzig bombers sentenced to imprisonment

Last year two people were injured by explosive devices in Leipzig.

Confession at the start of the trial: Leipzig bombers sentenced to imprisonment

Last year two people were injured by explosive devices in Leipzig. The regional court now sentences a 34-year-old man to prison. He also has to pay one of the victims 6,000 euros in damages.

A 34-year-old man was sentenced to five and a half years in prison by the regional court there because he dumped four self-made explosive devices in the city of Leipzig. The public prosecutor's office demanded seven years in prison and subsequent preventive detention, as a court spokeswoman said. However, the court did not order preventive detention because an expert report saw no tendency for the accused to commit new serious crimes. The defense asked for five years imprisonment.

Two people were injured by the explosive devices last year. A walker was injured in the hand and stomach when an explosive device detonated in a cardboard box. Another man kicked a package lying on a sidewalk, which then exploded. He suffered superficial injuries to his legs and face. The man now appeared as a joint plaintiff and concluded a settlement with the accused for the payment of 6,000 euros in compensation for pain and suffering. The 34-year-old does not currently have the money, but has announced that he wants to pay, the spokeswoman said.

The accused was arrested in October after being injured in an explosion at his own home and taken to hospital. At that time he had apparently tried to build another bomb. One explosive device was found near a school, another in a used clothes container. The man confessed to the crimes at the start of the trial on Monday.

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS