Dozens of vacationers injured: Children suffer chlorine poisoning in the hotel pool in Mallorca

Cooling off in the pool becomes a health risk for some holidaymakers on Mallorca.

Dozens of vacationers injured: Children suffer chlorine poisoning in the hotel pool in Mallorca

Cooling off in the pool becomes a health risk for some holidaymakers on Mallorca. After jumping into the water, several hotel guests complain about itching and respiratory problems. Three children even have to be treated in the hospital.

26 people have suffered chlorine poisoning in an accident in a hotel pool in Mallorca. Ten of them, including three children, were taken to hospitals for treatment, the newspaper "Diario de Mallorca" and other media reported, citing the Samu emergency service on the Spanish holiday island. A seven-year-old was said to have been seriously injured.

The chlorine accident happened around 12.30 p.m. at the Hotel Sea Club in Port d'Alcúdia, as the responsible rescue service explained on Twitter. Several bathers, including children, complained of itching, vomiting, respiratory problems and burning eyes. The condition of the patients treated in the hospital is stable, said a spokesman for the Hospital Son Espases in the island's capital, Palma. Rescuers blocked the pool due to suspected chlorine poisoning.

A Samu spokesman said there were no German tourists among those who were more severely affected. According to the hotel management, the cause of the accident is a technical problem with the chlorine supply. The hotel pool was reopened around two hours after the incident with normal chlorine levels.

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS