Slot machine gambling has come a monumentally long way since its beginnings towards the end of the 1800s, going from a rudimentary land-based gambling activity for the inhabitants of Californian saloons, all the way through to an online phenomenon that accounts for almost half of all gambling activity in the 21st century. It’s crazy really, because in little over a century the entire slots industry has pretty much revolutionised itself.
Of course, slot machines had to be good even back in the early days, otherwise, they wouldn’t have caused so much excitement when they first appeared. There is no match for modern online slots now though, with critically acclaimed slot developers like Big Time Gaming making sure that the market is always evolving. It makes us extremely excited to see what 2021 holds for us slots-wise, so keep reading for some slots in 2021 like Scorching slots you don’t want to miss…
New technology in 2021 slots to get excited about
One of the best things about the slots industry in the 21st century is that us gamblers can expect some kind of exciting new technological innovation pretty much every year, as opposed to the land-based slot market that would only feature new inventions every few decades. There is so much new technology in 2021 slots to get excited about, have a look here:
· Expanded progressive jackpot networks: When Microgaming unveiled their Progressive Jackpot Network a few years ago it turned a lot of heads, especially when people started winning multi-million jackpots. In 2021 we expect to see developers like Microgaming continue to refine their progressive jackpot prizes.
· Megaquads: You may have heard of Megaways by now, the incredibly successful Big Time Gaming slot mechanic, but have you heard of Megaquads? This new game system seeks to blend the best bits from Megaways and Megaclusters, and we are expecting a lot of new Megaquads games to appear in 2021.
Top slot developers in 2021
· Big Time Gaming: The British developer Big Time Gaming are still riding the wave of success from their incredible Megaways mechanic, and in 2021 they will be seeking to cement their new position as one of the industry leaders.
· NetEnt: Evolution Gaming acquired NetEnt in a massive multi-billion euro deal last year, and we are looking forward to seeing what the famous Scandinavian developer can do with this newfound financial firepower.
Slots in 2021 you don’t want to miss
Right then, we’ve given you all the tools to be able to find the best slots in 2021 that really shouldn’t be missed, but we’re nice too, so here are some examples:
· Loco the Monkey
· The Faces of Freya
· Frost Queen JackpotsUpdated Date: 13 April 2021, 05:52