Five years after the storflaumen, it is still uncertain how the government will ensure Voss

– NVE has time and again demonstrated inadequate expertise. They have shown that they do not understand the seriousness or the extent of the issue, says Nils Ma

Five years after the storflaumen, it is still uncertain how the government will ensure Voss

– NVE has time and again demonstrated inadequate expertise. They have shown that they do not understand the seriousness or the extent of the issue, says Nils Martin Seim, who represents grunneigarane west in Vossovassdraget.

In 2014 he got the the river inn in the more house on the garden. The great oktoberflaumen did great damage on the west coast, and especially in Voss, Odda and in Flåm.

Later have flaumvatnet come several times at the garden to the Music. the

All agree that something must be done, but still waiting grunneigarane on Voss in a report from NVE.

SEE VIDEO: Helikopterbilete from Voss visions skadane after oktoberflaumen in 2014. You need javascript to see the video.

SEE VIDEO: Helikopterbilete from Voss visions skadane after oktoberflaumen in 2014.

Will build flaumtunnel

It has been postpone several times and several grunneigarar have now lost patience with the NVE.

Nils Martin Seim think they don't understand what is needed to ensure Vosso against flaum. He think it just is a solution.

It must be a flaumtunnel to lead the waters down to the Hardangerfjord. This they should have concluded already in 2016.

He gets the support from several reports, and from the civil engineer Jarle Østerbø. He has worked with flaumsikringsarbeid in 25 years, is himself from the area and has worked much with the situation in Vosso.

It is a misuse of time and resources that the NVE is not concludes that flaumtunnel to Granvin is the best.

SUGGESTION: When Vossovassdraget flaumer over, the best solution is to hire the lake in a over 20 km long tunnel to the Hardangerfjord.

Milliardprosjekt

One such flaumtunnel, from Lønavatnet over Vossevangen to Granvin in Hardanger, will be over 20 km long.

Sikringa of the Vosso host probably the largest and most costly flaumsikringsprosjektet in Norway ever.

the Price can be in several billion, no matter what solution that are selected.

appointed interim mayor Hans Erik Ringkjøb (Ap) think it is necessary to use these money.

– We see that the flows are coming more often and are larger than we believed ten years ago. This is a to be or not to be, for large parts of the municipality. We are utolmodige, and need a conclusion from the AUTHORITY, as soon as possible.

UTOLMODIG: Grunneigar Nils Martin Seim has experienced flows are in Voss on close to continue. He wants a flaumtunnel to the Hardangerfjord, and is tired of waiting on what the NVE decide.

Photo: Oddgeir Øystese, norway / NRK also Read: Old kraftstrid come to live on the Voss Report postponed until april

the Alternative is to lead the waters down today's elveløp.

This can help on the flaum in the Base and the settlement its town of Voss, but one consequence for areas further down the river can be catastrophic.

– This can skylje away houses and other infrastructure. The bergen and E16 can disappear, " says Østebø.

Siss-Jan Edvardsen in the NVE says they are urged to consider all the alternative. She has led the process with flaumsikring of the Vosso, and is en fungerande regional director of NVE.

I do understand that many on Voss is utolmodige, but we use the time we need to come to a robust and thorough conclusion.

the Report has been subject several times. No laws Edvardsen that it should give up 15. april 2020.

– What is your comment to the assertion that the NVE does not have the skills to make a good assessment?

– We use the same expertise here, as in all other matters we behandlar. It is our duty to thoroughly consider all possible solutions.

Will not meet grunneigarar

critically acclaimed and Østerbø has several times in the last year prompted a meeting with the NVE but without response.

– It is unintelligible that they are not interested in emphasize this as well as possible. We are afraid that they are going towards the wrong conclusion, except that we have canvassed it, says Nils Martin Seim.

To NRK says Edvardsen that NVE will wait to meet grunneigarar to rppoarten is ready.

It has been a huge commitment locally, and we take into account all innspel.

Updated Date: 23 December 2019, 09:11

You need to login to comment.

Please register or login.

RELATED NEWS