Four days after the Explosion, dozens of casualties in Beirut still missing

to be missed in Beirut Four days after the explosion disaster in the harbour of the Lebanese capital is still about 45 people. Also, 25 bodies had been recovere

Four days after the Explosion, dozens of casualties in Beirut still missing

to be missed in Beirut Four days after the explosion disaster in the harbour of the Lebanese capital is still about 45 people. Also, 25 bodies had been recovered, whose identity is unclear, said on Saturday, a spokesman for the Lebanese Ministry of health. The salvage work went on, meanwhile. Also Teams from Germany are in use.

On Saturday, will be buried victims of the disaster. Activists also have to be a mourning and protest rally in Central Beirut called. The Motto is "justice for the victims to take revenge on the government". Activists accuse the political leadership of Lebanon negligence and make you responsible for the Explosion.

In Beirut, is expected on Saturday, EU Council President Charles Michel. There he will meet with President Michel Aoun, the head of government Hassan Diab and the President of Parliament Nabih Berri, together. On Thursday, the French President had visited the Lebanese capital.

a donors ' conference on Sunday

On Sunday, that is part of the President of France, Emmanuel Macron, announced international conference to help denlibanon. The video conference will begin at 14 o'clock, it will go to the help for the explosion disaster in Beirut stricken population, said on Saturday from the circles of the French President. The video conference was co-organized by the United Nations(UN), the conference heard. Also, the German foreign Minister will participate, it said in government circles.

the Macron-initiated video conference to donate to the humanitarian emergency in Lebanon are collected. For the EU, which has pledged to Lebanon is already 33 million Euro in emergency aid, to be President of the Council Michelund of the Commissioner for humanitarian aid, Janez Lenarcic,to participate.

The American President Donald Trump had prohibited his participation at the conference on Friday. "All want to help," wrote Trumpnach a phone call mitMacron on Twitter. In a telephone conversation with his Lebanese colleague Michel Aoun Trump had expressed on Friday his concern. He promised Aoun the support of the United States. Three aircraft with relief goods on Board, as well as medical personnel and other emergency responders were already on the way in the beleaguered country.

Updated Date: 08 August 2020, 11:20

You need to login to comment.

Please register or login.

RELATED NEWS