In the next few weeks, travelling a lot abroad on holiday in the mountains. At the same time rising the number who are infected by the COVID-19-the virus.
It is now recorded a total of 70.500 infected and over 1.765 died.
Hanne-Merete Eriksen-Volle is head of the Norwegian institute of public health. She is clearly in the message to those who fear that it's haunted for the holiday.
There is no reason to cancel scheduled trips. All the information we have to date suggests that it is a stable virus. The risk of becoming seriously ill is very small, " she says.Read: FHI: surgical masks provides a false sense of security Safe to swim in the holidays
the Winter holidays are also high season for a visit to toyland and badebassenger. Also not here is it a reason to worry.
– We have not seen the data regarding the virus's viability in the water, but we assume that it is not transmitted via swimming in klorbasseng, " says Eriksen-Volle.
She does not see the need to warn about smittefare by ballbinger or other areas where it is common to travel in the holidays.
– People can safely enjoy the holiday, if they follow sensible advice about hand hygiene, " she says.
The vast majority of people who become infected, symptoms such as fever, lethargy, sore throat and dry cough. In a few the virus can cause severe respiratory illness.Photo: CDC how To protect yourself
the Virus is transmitted like the flu in that it is transferred from the respiratory tract of an ill person. It happens in these three ways:
1. Infection through the air: The sick sneeze or cough so that the virus comes in contact with the lining of the eyes, nose or mouth with other people.
– Try to keep at least 1 metre distance to the person who coughs or sneezes. Are you yourself sick, then you should make sure to cough in a paper towel, or use albuekroken if you don't have it available, " says Eriksen-Volle.
2. By direct contact: The sick person has received the virus on your hands and transfer it by contact with others.
the Key to prevent infection is to wash your hands well. This is especially important after using the toilet and when handling food, " she says.
3. By indirect contact: the Virus is being transferred to clothing or items such as mobile or PC keyboard through the nys/host. The sick can also have had the virus on your hands, and then comes the other persons in contact with the object.
It is so far unknown how long the virus can live outside the body.
– But we have good numbers based on other similar viruses. When one sees that it is ranging from a few hours to a few days.
The good news is that this virus allows itself to be easy to kill. It is just to wash your hands with soap and water or use disinfectants that are Antibac.
Swedish Karin Hæggløf and Hanna Suua is also not worried about the virus, but make sure to wash your hands well when they are travelling.Photo: Su Thet Mon / NRK Few cancellations
the travel industry informs that the norwegians are not currently allowed himself to be intimidated.
– There is nothing which suggests that the fear sets some stops, either for winter or summer, says Siri Røhr-Staff, manager at Ving Norge.
not SAS, Norwegian, TUI or Color Line has seen people cancel the journey.
Emil Stenrud from Eidsvoll, it is out of the question to drop a holiday trip to Thailand.
– It seems opphausset, although one must of course take it seriously, " he says.Read: Avbestillingane tikkar in the travel and tourism industry dislocation for long-term korona-bright spot: Date Of Update: 21 February 2020, 03:21