Medical studies: Waiting does not enable you to study

How will the admission procedure for medical studies look like in the future? The Philologenverband wants to abolish waiting lists, and the ministers of culture are in favour.

Medical studies:   Waiting does not enable you to study

The German Philologenverband calls for a completely new selection procedure for medical school places in order to end long waiting periods. "The waiting list should be abolished. Waiting does not qualify for a study, "said chair of Teachers ' Association, Susanne Lin-Klitzing, world. In selection procedures at universities graduation grade should be taken into account as well as medical experience, association demands.

The Federal Constitutional Court in Karlsruhe had judged at end of last year that admission procedure for medical studies is partly unconstitutional and must be re-regulated by end of 2019. At present, 20 per cent of medical courses are awarded centrally via graduation grade from 1.0 to 1.2, 20 per cent over waiting times – at present 14 to 15 semesters. The remaining 60 percent of places can be awarded by universities in ir own competitions.

This was not compatible with fundamental right to a free choice of profession, judges had judged and authorisation procedure was declared inadmissible. They also criticized lack of comparability of baccalaureate grades. On 14 and 15 June, Ministers of Culture of countries will decide on first cornerstones for a new authorisation procedure. According to German radio, most important innovation is elimination of waiting time quota. In ir place, an aptitude-oriented talent quota should be entered, which is not yet defined in detail.

The ideas of Philologenverbands are more concrete: in each federal state, 30 percent of places should be awarded to best of year. The remaining 70 percent could be distributed through a selection process that would divide Philologenverband into three criteria: 20 percent of medical experience should play a role, 40 percent should be a nationwide uniform test and The remaining 40 percent to graduation grade.

Date Of Update: 29 May 2018, 12:02

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS