Next year by 0.3 percent: additional contribution for health insurance should increase

In the coming year, the additional contribution from the statutory health insurance funds is to increase by 0.

Next year by 0.3 percent: additional contribution for health insurance should increase

In the coming year, the additional contribution from the statutory health insurance funds is to increase by 0.3 percent. The Minister of Health wants to counteract an impending deficit of around 17 billion euros. Lauterbach blames his predecessor for this deficit.

The more than 57 million members of statutory health insurance (GKV) will have to pay a significantly higher contribution in 2023. Federal Health Minister Karl Lauterbach announced an increase in the additional contribution by 0.3 percentage points to 1.6 percent. Together with the general contribution rate of currently 14.6 percent, 16.2 percent of the gross salary would then have to be paid for health insurance.

According to Lauterbach, the increase is expected to bring in between 4.8 and 5 billion euros. There will be no cuts in performance. The SPD politician justified the increase with a deficit of around 17 billion euros, which otherwise threatens the GKV in the coming year. In addition, the federal subsidy will be increased by two billion euros. A federal loan of one billion euros is also planned. In addition, other reserves would have to be addressed - such reserves are still available both in the health fund and in the individual health insurance funds. In addition, greater efficiency should save money.

Lauterbach criticized Jens Spahn. "I essentially inherited this deficit from my predecessor," said Lauterbach, referring to the former health minister. This made expensive expansion of services and refrained from structural reforms. This is how the deficit came about during the pandemic.

His proposal is now going to the departmental vote. Federal Finance Minister Christian Lindner has already agreed. Lauterbach stands behind Lindner's goals that the debt brake should not be violated and taxes should not be increased.

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS