Ask again to reboot: the next Corona event in professional tennis

A positive Coronavirus Test in American professional Frances Tiafoe further doubt on the planned restart of the worldwide Tennis Tour in August of advent. Accor

Ask again to reboot: the next Corona event in professional tennis

A positive Coronavirus Test in American professional Frances Tiafoe further doubt on the planned restart of the worldwide Tennis Tour in August of advent. According to information from the world ranking-the third Dominic Thiem is the first men's tournament starting on the 14th. August in Washington is by no means assured, is also the host of the US Open will be probably found soon. The United States are currently affected by a high number of new infections with the Virus.

Tiafoe said on Saturday on the sidelines of a Show-event in Atlanta that he found the Virus. The day before, he had defeated his American compatriot Sam Querrey. The All-American Team Cup in the state of Georgia was continued, on the weekend regardless, and even with spectators.

Tiafoe wrote on Twitter that he had been a week ago and tested negative. The 22-Year-old, who was one of the Top 30 in the world, announced the beginning of a new week, another Test. In the past two months, he had trained in Florida.

In the course of the world ranking list Novak Djokovic organised Adriatic Tour had been tested in June, four professionals positive, among them, Djokovic himself. In the case of the two stations in Serbia and Croatia spectators were allowed, there was no strict hygiene measures, in addition, the Party provided images for misunderstanding.

The Austrian Dominic Thiem was as well as the Hamburg, Alexander Zverev. Thiem has apologized for a long time and granted, it had been too euphoric. In an ORF Interview, the 26-Year-old at the weekend hinted that the implementation of the ATP tournament in Washington is by no means certain. Thereafter, the from Cincinnati to New York, and relocated Masters tournament, and the 31 will. August, the US Open in the same place to follow.

"of Course, I hope that it continues, but safety comes first, which is also very clear," said Thiem, who is contesting from this Assembly, which he co-organization that is interested in an invitation tournament in Kitzbühel. You have to depend on what the governments of the host countries are decided. "If they see a danger, then they will not allow the tournament, especially a big tournament like the US Open in New York. I believe that in the next few days a decision will be made,“ said Thiem.

Updated Date: 05 July 2020, 09:20

You need to login to comment.

Please register or login.

RELATED NEWS