US Open is in danger?: Tennis-restart cancelled in the men's

The hoped-for resumption of the men's tennis tour moves on. The scheduled ATP tournament in Washington from 14. to 21. August, was cancelled on Tuesday, as the

US Open is in danger?: Tennis-restart cancelled in the men's

The hoped-for resumption of the men's tennis tour moves on. The scheduled ATP tournament in Washington from 14. to 21. August, was cancelled on Tuesday, as the ATP announced. Previously, the "New York Times reported" about it. The event is supposed to be the first for the Tennis masters after a five-month forced break due to the Coronavirus crisis.

"Unfortunately, there are currently too many factors outside of our control," said ATP Boss Andrea Gaudenzi. Within the next two weeks, they wanted to provide additional information on the tournament schedule for the Rest of the year. According to the tournament's chief Mark is A Worry about international travel restrictions and the latest development of the spread of the Coronavirus had been mainly the reason for the denial.

With the deletion of the tournament in Washington, the question mark behind the staging of the US Open will be larger again. The Grand Slam tournament in New York to 31 without an audience at the. August start, previously to be held at the same place, the, of Cincinnati, and relocated Masters tournament. The tournament Director of the US Open, Stacey Allaster, said the "New York Times," currently, the plans remained as before.

Updated Date: 21 July 2020, 11:19

You need to login to comment.

Please register or login.

RELATED NEWS