Instead of fixing issues with Chrome, you can try a better browser: OperaYou deserve a better browser ! Opera is used by 350 million people every day. It offers a full-featured navigation experience with many built-in features, reduced resource consumption, and great design.
- Opera assistant makes it easy to migrate exiting data such as passwords and bookmarks.
- Optimize resource consumption: Your RAM memory is more efficient than Chrome.
- Integrate a VPN for enhanced privacy and unlimited access
- No ads: Built-in Ad Blocker reduces the time it takes to load pages and protects you from data-mining
- Download Opera
We all know how good Google Chrome is. Chrome is the most used web browser in the world. For beginners, Chrome is reliable and simple to use.
Chrome is not perfect. Chrome has many issues that stop users from downloading files. This is a serious issue as many people use this function every day.
Let's suppose you need to save an attachment from your email. Chrome users with this problem would find it impossible to do so.
There are many solutions and we'll show you how to fix it if Google Chrome stops downloading.
Similar problems have been reported by other users:
- Chrome does not download/Google Chrome does not download filesThis can usually be solved quickly by simply resetting your browser.
- Chrome download won't complete/Chrome doesn't finish downloadingGoogle Chrome does not always complete downloading files, even if it begins. You can easily fix the problem by installing another browser.
- Chrome will not download filesIf this is the issue you are facing, reset Google Chrome to get rid of any infected options. Opera is recommended for better performance and protection.
What can I do if Chrome downloads won’t finish?
1. Use another browser
You should change your browser to a better one. Opera is strongly recommended in this regard.
It is fast and light, making it easy to surf the Internet. Your experience will be seamless and error-free. You'll be able to eliminate browser-related problems and complete all downloads quickly.
Opera also comes with an integrated adblocker and VPN, as well as data limiter software. This ensures that you can browse the internet securely, protects your privacy, and protects you from adware.
Opera is therefore the best browser. Opera is great for both work and personal matters. It is fast, optimized, secure and bugs-free. It is easy to use and you can try it for free.
2. Reset your browser
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the three dots at the upper-right of the window.
- Click hereAdvanced.
- ChooseRestore default settings.
- Click hereReset your settings.
Resetting Chrome will return your browser settings to their default. This is useful because certain options may affect the download function. To improve Chrome's performance, you can install plugins later.
Notice:Google Chrome settings can be affected by multiple extensions. This method will disable all extensions and delete all temporary files.
Did our solutions help you? Do let us know in the comments section below! Also, do keep in mind these quick suggestions when encountering any similar issues.
Still having issues? These issues can be fixed with this tool
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated Great on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- ClickStart ScanTo find Windows problems that may be causing your computer problems.
- ClickRepair AllTo fix problems with Patented Technologies (Exclusive discount for our readers).