Learn a modern, powerful yet safe systems programming language!
What you’ll learn
- Solve problems in Rust
Understand Rust’s strengths and weaknesses
Effectively leverage Rust’s memory safety guarantees
- Write applications and libraries
- Test and document your code
- Basic knowledge of computer science
- A computer with a Rust-enabled IDE (VisualRust, intellij-rust, etc.)
- How to download and install Rust; how to compile programs and (optionally) work with an IDE.
- Learn about fundamental data types and how to use them to declare variables.
- Undersand arrays, vectors and strings, the concept of slices.
- Learn to create functions, methods, closures, higher-order functions.
- Understand how to create various data structures such as structs and enums; also traits.
- Master Rust’s explicit take on the concept of lifetime with ownership, borrowing, lifetime specifiers, lifetime elision.
- Learn how to safely share data around your (possibly multithreaded) application with Rc, Arc and Mutex.
- Use Rust’s package managent using Cargo.
- Learn about other useful topics: documentation, conditional compilation, testing.
This course, like all my other courses, will be supplemented with additional lectures based on participants’ requests.
Who this course is for:
- Systems programmers
- Experienced developers interested in Rust
- C/C++ programmers
Created by Dmitri Nesteruk
Last updated 11/2018
Size: 1009.24 MB
Download here: Udemy – The Rust Programming Language