(CNN)The Academy Awards can be perplexing, unless you're especially well versed in the difference between "sound editing" and "sound mixing." But that doesn't mean you can't have a competitive advantage with your Oscar ballot, even if you don't have money riding on it.
- Predictions: Who will win big?
- Jimmy Kimmel hopes Matt Damon won't get an Oscar
- See all 20 acting nominees
- What's inside the six-figure gift bags
- 14 storytellers on the art of filmmaking
- Why the Oscars can afford to get political
- 20 unforgettable Oscar speeches