SAN ANTONIO — A hazmat unit responded to the scene of a possible toxic vapor leak Monday at a downtown dialysis center.
First responders were called to the DaVita Rivercenter Dialysis clinic in the 1100 block of North Main Avenue around 6:45 a.m. after several employees said they felt nauseous and their eyes were "itching and burning," according to San Antonio Fire Department Battalion Chief Wesley West.
The employees told officials a busted water pipe could have been the source of the alleged spill.
One of the employees received medical treatment, but was not diagnosed with any type of poisoning.
READ ALSO: $5,000 reward offered for information in West Side bank heist
A hazmat unit scanned the entire building for evidence of a toxic spill, but found none.
The building was cleared, and employees were allowed back into the building. No one was hospitalized in the incident.
Text "Breaking" to 48421 for breaking news alerts from mySA.com
Our editors found this article on this site using Google and regenerated it for our readers.