The relatives of the crew members of the ARA San Juan claim that survival of the ship and the authorities refuse to "not risk more lives"

The judge in charge of the case it declines by the time the rescue of the ship by "lack of capacity" Are the ARA San Juan a year and a day after her disap

The relatives of the crew members of the ARA San Juan claim that survival of the ship and the authorities refuse to

The judge in charge of the case it declines by the time the rescue of the ship by "lack of capacity"

Are the ARA San Juan a year and a day after her disappearance

Tragedy in argentine waters

Faded in 2017 and was found a year and a day after the waters of the Atlantic ocean. This weekend will be raced in Mar del Plata (Argentina) the families of the 44 crew members of the submarine ARA San Juan, waiting for any kind of information about the finding of the submersible.

Yesterday it was revealed that it had split into three parts, and that was almost 1,000 feet deep and the area in which the argentine authorities had been looking for without finding it.

Now, the anguish of family members, many of whom waved argentine flags with the number 44 embroidered, referring to the number of people that were in the submarine, now call that survival of the ship. However, the judge in charge of making this decision, Martha Yaáez, has explained that do not have the capacity to revive the ARA San Juan to the surface.

"we're talking about a vessel with water it can weigh up to 2,500 tons, so I'm not going to risk losing the physical conditions or human lives in the train of power to rescue him, if it means that he's going to break," said the judge.

Members of the argentine Navy and family of the crew members during a memorial ceremony. REUTERS

"we don't have the means to rescue the ARA San Juan, we had no means even to go down to the depths of the sea and we don't have equipment to extract a vessel of these characteristics", also said Saturday in a press conference the minister of Defense, Oscar Aguad.

Today, Sunday the chief of staff of the Navy, Jose Luis Villán, have gathered in Mar de Plata with the family, but the conclusions remain the same. The judge Yaáez has pointed out, moreover, that at his request have taken "67.000 photos, and records film the scene" with which will be rebuilt on the ground, "a sort of demo that would give step to any investigation".

Find the submarine ARA San Juan, a year and a day after his disappearance THE WORLD

On the situation of family members of the crew, the judge said on Sunday the television channel TN that "having found the ship helps to relieve so much pain. But I know and I am aware of that have passed a process inhumane, for a whole year, with the uncertainty, absences and hopes."

Until now, the cause is not imputed, but the tragedy motivated the dismissal of the chief of the Navy, Marcelo Srur. The search of the ship began 48 hours after the last communication of 15 November 2017. Worked 13 countries, but most were retired last year.

The ship Ocean Infinity had sailed on the 7th of September and was on the point of ceasing the search when there was the localization.

Launched in Germany in 1983 and joined the Navy in 1985, the San Juan was one of three submarines of the country and its repair process of half-life had ended in 2014.

According to the criteria of

Learn more
Updated Date: 19 November 2018, 20:01

ELMUNDO

ELMUNDO

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

RELATED NEWS