Recent concert announcements (all tickets on sale March 3):
- After their surprise set near the end of Billy Talent’s concert Monday night at the Air Canada Centre, beloved but only sporadically active rockers Alexisonfire have revealed a micro-tour of five shows — four of them in Toronto. They play the Danforth Music Hall on June 18, 19, 21 and 22 (and Montebello, Que.’s Rockfest on June 24). Tickets look to be $50-$60 for the Toronto dates via Ticketmaster; ages 19 and up only.
- Acerbic singer-songwriter Father John Misty is doing two nights at the Royal Alex on May 5 and 6 to support his forthcoming third album, Pure Comedy (it probably won’t be). Tickets ($60-$80) via Ticketking.com.
- ’80s Scottish rockers Jesus and Mary Chain have a new album (Damage and Joy) out in March — their first in 19 years — just as your ears have finally recovered. They play Massey Hall on May 12; tickets ($40-$70) via LiveNation, ticketmaster.ca, roythomson.com or the Roy Thomson Hall box office.
- Franz Ferdinand, a rather dancier Scottish rock crew, plays the Danforth on June 2; tickets ($35-40) via Ticketmaster.
- Six-time Grammy-nominated DJ Kaskade plays Rebel on May 21. Tickets ($25) via Livenation and Ticketmaster.
- Ricky Gervais has added a third date (July 16) to his otherwise sold-out standup stay at Massey Hall; tickets will be $66-$80 via Ticketmaster.
- And finally, CBC announced its fifth annual CBC Music Festival, will be held May 27 at Echo Beach; Serena Ryder and Walk off the Earth co-headline a bill that includes Austra, BROS and more. Tickets ($40) can be had via Ticketmaster; the show will also be streamed live on cbcmusic.ca, if this feels like something you’re already paying for.
Our editors found this article on this site using Google and regenerated it for our readers.