The month of March is here, reminding us that the spring equinox is just three weeks away. To welcome the return of spring, here are some facts and quotes about the third month of the year.
Quotes from Good Reads:
1. "It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade." - Charles Dickens
2. “March came in that winter like the meekest and mildest of lambs, bringing days that were crisp and golden and tingling, each followed by a frosty pink twilight which gradually lost itself in an elfland of moonshine.” - L.M. Montgomery
3. “By March, the worst of the winter would be over. The snow would thaw, the rivers begin to run and the world would wake into itself again." - Neil Gaiman
4. “In March the soft rains continued, and each storm waited courteously until its predecessor sunk beneath the ground.”- John Steinbeck
5. “Match the right things in March” - Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
Facts about March:
1. March was the first month of the year until the Gregorian calendar began to be used in 1752.
2. The word March is derived from Mars, the Roman god of war, and has nothing to do with its homonym.
3. People born in the beginning and middle of March are Pisces while those from March 21 onward are Aries, which are ruled by Mars symbolizing energy.
4. Daffodil is believed to be the “birth flower” of March, but some also claim it to be violet.
5. March was called Hlyda or Lide in Old English, which refers to the loud winds.
6. This month is not only the March Women’s History Month, American Red Cross Month and Fire Prevention Month but several other notable days are marked, including Read Across America (March 2, which is Dr. Seuss’ birthday), St. Patrick’s Day (March 17) and Pi Day (March 14).
Celebrities who have their birthday this month:
Our editors found this article on this site using Google and regenerated it for our readers.
Eating: Thousands demonstrating in food against...
Vatican: Pope appoints top strikes for abuse...
12 September 2018: China arrives in the Alps
Investigation: died in Köthen was seriously...
Right-wing extremism: Twelve criminal proceedings...
Turkey: German sentenced to long-term imprisonment...
Saxony-Anhalt: Several hundred people at the...
Islamism: Young, Muslim and Identitär
Protests in Köthen: no second Chemnitz
Köthen: 22-year-old died of heart failure
Chemnitz: Jung versus old, old versus young
Kita deficit: I can't cut a Kita from the ribs...