The of American President Donald Trump desired part of the withdrawal of American forces from Germany is now a done deal. Trump had agreed to a proposal for the deduction of 9500 currently over 34,500 soldiers in Germany, a spokesman for the defense Ministry said on Tuesday. Minister Mark Esper and chief of staff General Mark Milley had discussed the plans accordingly on Monday with Trump in the White house. A timetable for the likely deduction was not initially called.
The Pentagon will notify Congress in the coming weeks, in connection to the Nato partners, - said the spokesman of the Ministry more. The Congress could block the Trump desired partial deduction but still on the military budget, or at least significantly more difficult. In addition, Trump in November, is a candidate for a second term. If he should lose the election, could place the new President plans on ice.
resistance to the partial withdrawal
In the Congress has formed already Trumps the Republicans and the Democrats resistance to the part of the deduction. The Plan is seen especially critical, because he could play the defense Alliance Nato to weaken Russia in the hands. In the Senate and in the house of representatives there are therefore plans to prevent the part of the deduction on the law on the military budget. The spokesman for the Pentagon, Jonathan Hoffman, said, however, due to the partial withdrawal, Nato would be strengthened, deterrence of Russia and the "strategic flexibility" of the armed forces in Europe.
the part of the deduction Trump Germany wants to punish for, in his view, continue to be low defence expenditure. Some from Germany, and dismounted soldiers should then reinforce the units in Poland, as Trump explained last week.Date Of Update: 01 July 2020, 00:19