Jadon Sancho had nothing to say. He listened at Training on Thursday, the instructions of Lucien Favre, in a drinking break, he joked with his fellow players. But of the millions of Poker around the English young star is on the final straight. At the weekend the decision on Sancho's future falls. The leaders of Borussia Dortmund increased the pressure on Manchester United once again.
"I'm going to assume that Jadon departs on Monday to training camp and the upcoming season with us," said sporting Director Michael Zorc of the "süddeutsche Zeitung". Despite the obviously intense courtship of the English championship record-holders there had been "no contact" between the Clubs, said BVB managing Director Hans-Joachim Watzke, "not even indirectly, or through alleged middlemen". After the departure of the BVB training camp on may 10. August to Bad Ragaz in Switzerland, there will be "no Sancho-change more this season." The time for Manchester United's ticking so.
The "image"newspaper had reported, Sancho (20) was with the Red Devils over a five-year contract agreement. The contract could earn him up to 17.6 million euros per season. As a replacement the Dortmunder 120 million euros had called. "There has never been an offer for Jadon" said Watzke, "but there are of us holding prophylactically the announcement, which should at least be paid".
Sancho, who still has a contract until mid-2022 in the case of the Black-and-Yellow, was 2017 from Manchester City for around eight million euros to Dortmund changed. His departure would be the attack series Champions Bayern Munich suffered a great loss. In 99 games for Dortmund, the English midfielder scored 34 goals and had 43 hits. In addition, Achraf Hakimi left the BVB.Updated Date: 07 August 2020, 01:19