The choice of a college can become a real headache for many parents who are trying to find the best option for their children. To the traditional questions that can be asked of the parents about to choose between a public college, established or private, they are joined by many other issues on the methodology that is applied in the centres or the values that are taught in them. One of the first things to keep in mind is to know that " there are no schools or better or worse , but more or less appropriate for each child," says clinical psychologist Mary Peacock. "The goal is that the child is well, they come back happy to home after a day of school," says the psychologist Rocio Ramos-Paul. This expert also reminds that this is a decision that should not be live with drama because it will be the evolution of the child itself in the center the us runs out indicating if we are successful or not and in case of not being well "you can't always change schools".
• Meet the needs of the child. There is a lot of offer, parents have more and more alternatives, and when it goes to choosing a college it is very important to "fit the needs of each child," stresses Dews Ramos-Paul. Take into account the way of being and relating of the small with the other is going to help much in the election. "A shy child will do better in a school smaller and the other more extroverted a larger facility", he gives as an example Mary Peacock.
• Without pressure. Many parents live this moment with a lot of tension and distress. "You have to decide in a relaxed manner", states Ramos-Paul. And especially taking into account that there is reverse in case of not being happy with the choice.
• * * Connecting with the values of the centre. The values upheld by the centre should be consistent with that conveys the family to the children in their day-to-day. "There must be a common thread between the message of the school and the children are living at home," says the psychologist Pavón.
• Methodologies for novel. must know well the way of working of the centres. Increasingly, there are more schools that give more importance to the personal side of the children, with work dynamics that promote their skills.
• Have clear priorities. there are No schools are perfect but each one is tailored to the priorities of each family. "It is best not to be seduced by things that are secondary and take into account what our priorities are," cautions Peacock. The equipment, technology or sports facilities may be attractive but they are secondary aspects,
• The tradition must always be respected. Some parents choose the school that they were small without taking into account the characteristics and needs of their children. "What you have done well to you it may not be good for your child," says Ramos-Paul.
• native Teachers. The teaching in more than one language is fundamental in the education of our children, and each time it has more of a role in the offer of a third language. But it is important to confirm first if the teachers are native speakers.
Proximity. Although not considered a determining factor, you must consider the time that the children are going to spend in the transfer to the center.
• after-School. The offer of activities after the school day can help many parents to reconcile their work with the collection of children. Even some centers are open before their doors, and have breakfast service.
• guidance Services, and mentoring. A good service of educational guidance can be the key to achieving to develop all the capabilities of the student and direct you from tremprana age in their professional future. The figure of the tutor is also essential as a link between the school and the student.Date Of Update: 18 September 2019, 11:00