A kitchen fire Monday afternoon in a Bethlehem Township home sent one person to an area hospital, township fire Chief Ron Ford said.
Citing privacy laws, Ford said he could not discuss the nature or extent of injuries suffered in the incident, reported about 4:40 p.m. at 1633 Freemansburg Ave.
The resident's name was not immediately available.
Firefighters responded to find the flames knocked down by a resident, though it was not immediately clear whether the person injured was also the person who contained the fire.
Gasoline hose springs leak as customer pumps
Responders from the Bethlehem Township Volunteer Fire Co. and Nancy Run Fire Co. checked for extension of the fire and ventilated the house, Ford said.
Bethlehem Township EMS took the resident for treatment.
Kurt Bresswein may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @KurtBresswein. Find lehighvalleylive.com on Facebook.
Our editors found this article on this site using Google and regenerated it for our readers.