The Netherlands will sue Russia before the European court of human rights because of its role in the Downing of the passenger flight MH17. The government announced on Friday in The Hague. "Justice for the 298 victims of the Downing of flight MH17 and their families remains the highest priority of the Cabinet of Ministers," said foreign Minister Stef Blok in The Hague. With the so-called States ' suit, the government wants to support the families. The had already filed a previous suit in the court against Russia.
The passenger plane of Malaysia Airlines was on July 17. July 2014 over a contested area of Eastern Ukraine from a Russian air defense missile of the type Buk been shot down. All 298 people on Board died, most of them were Dutch.
According to the results of the international investigators, the rocket came from Russia and had been fired from Pro-Russian rebels. Before a criminal court in the Netherlands, a criminal process against four main suspects, three Russians and a Ukrainian to be running. Moscow rejects any responsibility strictly.
Russia showed itself to be irritated. The court proceedings had not yet been completed, said the prominent foreign politician Konstantin Kosachev, the Agency Interfax. "There is not even a judgment. And what is the European human right court of justice in order to.“ That is why the announcement was a "strange Initiative".Updated Date: 10 July 2020, 17:19