Fire in laundry room causes thousands of dollars in damages to East Side home

CaptionCloseSAN ANTONIO -- A family will likely be displaced from their home after a blaze started in their laundry room Tuesday on the East Side near downtown, fire officials saidAt least 11 units responded shortly after 11:15 a.m. Tuesday in the 600 block...

Fire in laundry room causes thousands of dollars in damages to East Side home

Caption

Close

SAN ANTONIO -- A family will likely be displaced from their home after a blaze started in their laundry room Tuesday on the East Side near downtown, fire officials said

At least 11 units responded shortly after 11:15 a.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of South Pine Street, where a fire started in the laundry room near the back of the home, said SAFD Capt. Carl Tyson.

RELATED: Apartment with 'too many people' catches fire on North Side.

Firefighters quickly knocked down the blaze, but there was fire damage to the back and about $10,000 in smoke damage to the rest of the house, Tyson said.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

Text "Breaking" to 48421 for breaking news alerts from mySA.com

twhite@mysa.com

Twitter: @tylerlwhite

Our editors found this article on this site using Google and regenerated it for our readers.

You need to login to comment.

Please register or login.

RELATED NEWS